17 April, 2008

One Happy Cupcake




Today I turned 33 and celebrated by spending most of the day talking to friends and family. Seriously - I racked up nearly 8 hours on the phone. It wasn't the super indulgent day of lounging under a fluffy blanket on the couch, watching dozens of shitty movies while shovelling cupcakes into my mouth, that I had planned. But it was very nice all the same.

I always think about resolutions at this time of year. New year just never seems the right time - but the anniversary of arriving on the earth seems a much more natural time to reassess your life and where you're going.

I'd be lying if I said the past year or so had been easy so there was a pretty long list of things to sort out. I wont be boring you with any of it here, but I think if I can make a few fundamental changes this upcoming year could be a lot more positive.

As part of the Grand Revolutionising Plan, I also headed back to the gym after a VERY long hiatus. I'll start by removing the 10 kilos (and their friends) that have moved in during last year. So far - after 1 one workout - I feel terrific. But it is the sticking to it long term that is usually the issue.

No comments: