24 April, 2008

A day at the park


Yesterday I decided to get out of the house and away from the books and the laptop for a day. Man, it was nice to get outside and hang out with my mate Trish and her kids. It was so nice to get out of my own head for a while and connect with a friend about her life and hear how her life is changing after having her second baby recently. Playing with kids is always an amazing distraction from your own woes (which we tend to spend a bit too much time on, I think) too.


I caught up with Trish, Ashwin and 3 and a half week old Holly. We had a very civilised breakfast at the cafe and then went off to play and watch the Canada Geese with their goslings. If you live in Mountain View and get all gooey at the sight of small fluffy things, I would suggest rushing down there as soon as possible.


More pictures of the day out can be found here.

No comments: